PUT Prof. dr Liliana Szczuka-Dorna, is a graduate of Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznan, English School. Doctor in Applied Linguistics. She successfully completed postgraduate studies: Master of Business Administration, Methodology of English Language Teaching, and Public Relations. She is a sworn-in translator at the Ministry of Justice. She is the Director of Center of Languages and Communication at PUT.
She conducts courses in English to Polish and international students at Poznan University of Technology: English for Academics, English for Special Purposes, Effective Presentations, Intercultural Communication.
She has coordinated and participated in many national and international projects: e.g. Tempus, Phare, Leonardo da Vinci: Magic, Erasmus + Badge, Nawa.
Professional interests: English Medium Instruction, specialized language teaching, interpersonal and intercultural communication, European educational programmes. She is the co-author of the book “Introduction to Interpersonal Communication” (with Elżbieta Vendome) published by Poznan University of Technology, Poznan, Poland. A member of different organizations including :
- CercleS (European Confederation of Language Centers in Higher Education) – president 2016-2019 ,
- SERMO (Polish Association of Academic Foreign Languages Centers) - president 2006-2014,
- ICLHE-Integrating Content & Language in Higher Education.
She can be reached at: firstname.lastname@example.org
MA in English philology and PhD in language assessment from Adam Mickiewicz University, Poznan, Poland. Deputy Director of CJK PP since 2010.
Participation in projects:
- Modularising Multilingual and Multicultural Academic Communication Competence (MAGICC) project (2011-2014) - research and development of communicative competences in academic language in a multicultural and multilingual environment in undergraduate and postgraduate studies.
- CEFR Companion Volume implementation toolbox (VITbox) - European Centre for Modern Languages (ECML) project (2020- 2022) - application of CEFR tools in language teaching, learning and assessment.
- EUNICE - European University for Customised Education (2021-2024) - a network of interactions between educational institutions, industry and business partners, as well as other social, cultural, artistic and sports stakeholders.
- Extensive experience in teaching English for Specific Purposes at a technical university.
- Participation in national and international conferences and professional trainings..
- Author of articles on teaching and testing of specialist language in higher education.
- Author of on-line courses in specialist language for students of electrical engineering, power engineering and physics at Poznan University of Technology (PUT).
- Co-author of “English for Electrical Engineering” - a text-book for PUT students (Publishing House of Poznan University of Technology, 2017).
Membership of scientific organisations
- Polish Association of Modern Languages (PTN)
- International Association of Teachers of English as a Foreign Language in Poland (IATEFL)
- Association of University Language Centres (SERMO)
- CercleS (European Confederation of Language Centers in Higher Education)
- Network of University Language Testers in Europe (NULTE)
A graduate of the Faculty of English at Adam Mickiewicz University, completed postgraduate studies at Adam Mickiewicz School of Translation, Interpreting and Languages, specializing in interpreting, and Collegium Civitas in Warsaw, where she studied International Relations and Diplomacy, presenting her thesis on negotiations with terrorists. She was a visiting scholar at University of Castilla-La Mancha in Ciudad Real and NY University Stern School of Business where she broadened her knowledge on business and intercultural communication. Currently, she has been involved in GELS project (Global Engineers’ Language Skills) in cooperation with the University of Cambridge, KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm and Laboratoire Didalang. In her free time she is the author and hostess of a radio program broadcast in Radio Afera – Chit Chat from around the World, a passionate traveler, runner and photographer.
A graduate of Russian-English Philology at Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznań. Kinga Komorowska has many years of experience in teaching English in various age groups and at various levels. She conducts aviation phraseology classes for PUT students acquiring the ratings of airline pilots (ATPL frozen). She is currently involved in the project of establishing the Examination Center at the Poznań University of Technology, which will be a field unit of the Examination Center of the Civil Aviation Office, in which it will be possible to take an English language exam for pilots and air traffic controllers based on the National Language Examination System (KSEJ). In addition to her professional work, she is a skydiving instructor and has been a member of the Polish National Team in parachuting acrobatics FS4 since 2015.
Graduate in English Philology of Nicolaus Copernicus University in Toruń. Completed postgraduate studies in Management and Marketing at Poznań University of Economics and Business. Has extensive experience in teaching general English and ESP at various levels and in different age groups preparing for FCE, CAE, IELTS and STANAG exams. Active translator and interpreter, e.g. in 2015-2018 involved in the international project called "The acceleration method of development of transversal competences in the students' practical training process" as part of the Technical Knowledge Accelerator® scheme. Participant in multiple training sessions organized by the Polish Society of Sworn and Specialized Translators TEPIS. Has several times taken part in the Erasmus+ STA mobility exchange programme. Organ music and cycling enthusiast.